European Foundation for the Study of Diabetes (EFSD) Albert Renold Travel Fellowship Programme
These Fellowships are available throughout the year
Deadline Date: There is no deadline for submission
The Albert Renold Travel Fellowship Programme enables scientists and clinicians to travel and stay at other institutions in order to learn different scientific techniques related to diabetes research. Either the home or the host institution must be based in Europe or an associated country, and the host institution must be in a different country from the home institution.
The duration of the stay cannot exceed 3 months. Each Fellowship will be for up to Euro 8,000.
The following regulations will apply:
- Applications may be made by any paid-up member of EASD having received their highest degree (PhD, MD, DMD, DVM) no more than five (basic scientist) or seven years (clinician) before 1 January in the year the Fellowship is awarded. Please note that PhD students are not eligible to apply to this Programme, and Fellows may not hold a Faculty appointment.
- Applications must be received a minimum of 6 weeks before the date of proposed travel.
- Successful applicants must travel within 9 months of receipt of the Award. If this is not possible, special dispensation from this regulation must be sought.
- The funds must be transferred into the European institution.
- Awardees will be expected to provide a written report and confirmation of stay from the host institution on return to the home institution.
Download the application form
Please send your application as one complete email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org